Helping Our Seniors
Hosted Scam Stopper Seminars
Hosted a series of Scam Stopper Seminars, with presentations from the Palm Springs Police Department, Riverside County Curtailing Abuse Related to the Elderly (C.A.R.E.) Program, and the Department of Consumer Affairs. Hosted Emergency Preparedness Seminar for Seniors
Organized a disaster planning seminar for seniors, in conjunction with the Riverside County Office on Aging. Here are some of the Riverside County Services for seniors that I helped organize and fund:
- Adult Day Care: Social and recreational activities, training, counseling, services such as rehabilitation, medication assistance and home health aide services.
- Community Elder Abuse Education: Helps safeguard older adults from abuse, neglect.
- Medicare Counseling and Advocacy Program: Trained volunteer counselors help seniors and Medicare beneficiaries make good health care decisions.
Seniors Legal Assistance
Home-delivered Meals for Those over Sixty Homemaker and
Senior Employment Training for low-income seniors who are unemployed 911 Senior Emergency Cellular Phone Program
- Therapies are provided by nurses and home health aides.
- Homemaker services include housekeeping, cooking and grocery shopping.